rebirth

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

They ran to hide


We were lonely

Playing around a tree

Smelling roses

And eat honey

With no fear

A sound from the clouds

Taught us to sleep at night

A sound from the sun

Planted love in our hearts

The sky was blue
The birds were free

And we both lived with no fear


Until one day

The sun disappeared

And a sound from the sky

Shouted in fear

What have you done"?

We crawled to hide

Between the leaves we cried

He covered her eye

And she covered him with her smile


The sky turned red

Like the blood

In their veins


He screamed and shouted

“She taught me how to lie”

“How to hide”

“How to use my mind”

“She gave me the truth”

“For that I ran to hide”



She lifts her eyes

They were red and dry... and cried

“The snake taught me how to smile”

“How to fight”

“How to cry”

“The snake taught me How to die”



A light from above

Hit the ground

Hit their faces…

They turned white

Wind pushed them outside

Wind closed the gates behind…


Emile Saba





















No comments:

Post a Comment