rebirth

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Death, again

I have titled this post "Death again" because in just ten days I have witnessed death twice. For 21 years I have been hearing about death, but not touching it or anyone of my closest family members. My two grandfathers have died before I was born, and my father's aunt died when I was young so do other family members like second place uncles and aunts, but because I was very young then I didn't care, it was only a day where everybody wears black an griefs the dead.


Ten days ago, my father's cousin who I always loved and respected as my own uncle and grandfather, has died due leaver cancer. It wasn't a shock for us, because he was in his seventies ( I'm not saying that if he is in this age, he must die! No, but because since he had this disease who rarely anyone survives from and everyone is expecting his day to come sooner or later.) I thought that this is the only death experience I would witness in the mean while, of course I turned to be mistake. No one knew that another death incident would happen just ten days after the funeral.

My father's cousin who died from cancer was in a quarrel with his nephew who the later claimed that his aunt's will said that everything she owns goes to him and only him. Despite the core problem, the two parts stayed away from each other without any kind of communication for more than 5 years till the day when the uncle has died and the nephew came to support his uncle's family. No one welcomed him and everyone talked about how cruel and rude he was towards his uncle in his life and how he is faking his sadness now.
Even me, I talked about how Hippocratic he seemed to be and how he is a show off person.

Today at 3 pm, the phone ran, it was broken for since Sunday and at noon today it rang to deliver the awful news that an accident happen to this man who I'm talking about who is my father's cousin's son.

The details..

(T) was ridding next to his son with his wife, mother and daughter in the back seat to Jerusalem to eat dinner at his sister's house. A strange vehicle suddenly went out of its track, jumped over the island in the middle of the street, and ran into the right side of (T)'s car. The hit was hard, at the moment, (T)'s wife passed away (some people say that her head was separated away from her body!) (T) was hit on his head too, he was rushed to the hospital with a serious injury in the head which for this very moment it still bleeding with a serious skull break. His mother, son, and little daughter who I feel petty for for seeing such an inhuman act are fine.

Death, can take from us our beloved ones, enemies, haters, friends, family members, but the most important thing that it teaches us a very important lesson that no one is larger than life, even if you were the richest, the most beautiful, the most intelligent, the most talented, the strongest, or the most powerful person in the world, you can't defeat Death! you can't stop in its face, because it has no face. Death can take you away in any moment, and there is no second chance. I'm not trying to glorify death, but after those two experiences I feel like we (human) worth nothing, but the good reputation which may stay after us to comfort our people and to give them hope in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment